For nearly 100 years, Scheu & Kniss has been offering engineering and machining services for high-quality machined parts. Scheu & Kniss is now a part of Operio Group, a growing company with years of experience in the ingredients and manufacturing sectors that puts their team first so we can provide excellent solutions to our customers. Our values are:
- Building a community
- Being supportive
- Having Integrity
- Bettering Ourselves
We are seeking experienced full-time CNC Mill and Lathe Machinists who will be responsible for programming, setting up, and operating CNC Equipment to fabricate metal parts. As a CNC Mill or Lathe Machinist, you will also be assembling and fitting machined components by utilizing expertise in machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, material machinability, and layout techniques.
- Utilizes sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines, such as the CNC lathes, CNC Mills, and manual equipment
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and programs tool path, depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications using precision measuring instruments.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Two years of direct machine and tooling-related experience and/or training required.
- Prior CNC programming experience is a must.
- Excellent mathematical and measuring skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to interpret written, oral, or scheduled instructions.
- Proficient in blueprint reading
- Knowledge of ACAD is preferred.
Pay: Starting at $24.00/hr
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, with or without assistance, and regularly lift over 50 pounds, with mechanical assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is exposed to sharp edges and lubricants. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Steel-toed shoes and safety glasses are required at all times.
Develop Your Skills and Grow - We have ever-growing internal training courses and encourage you to take courses externally. We have supported or currently support our team members financially with language courses, driving lessons, degrees/masters, qualifications, and more.
Join a Team That Really Cares - Everyone is friendly, collaborative and driven. We are a family business and we care about each other so because of this, you will always be pushed to become the best you can be.
Go To The Best Work Party On Earth - We hold an annual team meeting trip for a few days to connect all of the offices. In 2024 we will be going to Cancun, Mexico!! You will have a chance to meet your teammates from the UK, USA, and Taiwan.
- Annual Pay Reviews
Real Work-Life Balance - Beginning Jan. 2024 team members will receive 30 days vacation, incl federal holidays, per year.
- and more!